Check lists for a super holiday
Exams over!!!! It’s time to pack our bags. Now, many of us are planning to head out of town for vacations. Travelling is the best way to get out of a hectic schedule and enjoy quality time with family, kids and friends. It is the best time especially for those who love to travel.
Planning a trip to a particular destination is easy but getting ready before departure is very crucial task. It is very important to keep an eye on your preparations. When planning, go through checklists again and again to ensure that nothing important is missed. Let’s get ready to say goodbye to your stress and hello to your travel bags.
Before packing it is important to keep in mind your destination whether in India or abroad? Is it a hilly area or a beach? Are you going by train or by air?
Travelling By Air – There is nothing more exciting flying to your vacation spot. On international flights There are many additional amenities which are not offered in domestic flights. Try to make your long flight much more enjoyable and relaxing. Make sure you have :
- Air-ticket Printout (if flying with e-tickets)
- Credit/Debit Card photocopy both side from which booking was made
- Don’t forget to strike of CVV number
- Authentication Letter if someone else’s Credit/Debit Card
Are you a mountain lover and have planned your vacations this summer to your favorite Hill Station. Don’t forget to carry these items
- Comfy Jeans
- Simple Striped knit top and a utility vest for a bit of warmth
- Comfortable sneakers
- Digital Thermometer
- Cold Cream
- Lip Guard
- Hats / Caps
- Heavy Woolen Clothing including woolen socks (Severe Cold / Snow)
- Woolen Hand Gloves (Severe Cold / Snow)
- At least 2 pairs of thermals.
If you are going for a Trek
- Hard Wooden Stick (Also handy in snow for the grip)
- Rain / Snow Protection Gear like Rain Coat / Rain Suit
- Hats / Caps
- Gaiters for snow or water
- Water Bottles (Snow trek needs more water than we think)
- Trekking Shoe
Finally it’s beach time
If you love seashells, want to see your footprints on the sand; want to feel the waves wash away your foot prints, then the sea- side is the best option. Let’s pack your bags with lots of essentials and other cool stuff to add fun to your trip.
- Floppy hat that covers your face
- Sunscreen lotion (SPF 50 or greater) or Sun block
- 2-3 Extra Shorts
- An extra slipper and extra towel for back pack
- Thin single bed sheet – if not interested in beach shack / bed always
- Lip protector
- Long-sleeved over shirt and a thin pair of pants as night gets a bit cold at beaches
- A fabulous bathing suit
- Hawaiians flip flops
- Hair protector spray
- Over-sized stylish beach bag
- A good book (preferably with a saucy summer storyline!)
- Beach Towel
- Sarong (in regulation colorful beach print, of course!)
- Fruit – Grapes and Strawberries are my favorites for a day at the beach
- A chunky bracelet or necklace (preferably made from natural materials)
- Kaftan cover-up
- A compact mirror
- Waterproof mascara
- A new fashion magazine
- Small medical kit – eye drops, plaster, wound disinfectant & cotton wool
- An iPod –
- Big bottle of Water to avoid sunstroke and stay hydrated
There are some simple tips by which you can enjoy your vacations even more. Try to pack your bags with essential items to ensure a stress free and comfortable journey. Just keep an eye on a basic travel kit, handy snacks, camera kit, toiletries and shaving kit. Select your clothes according to weather.
Being comfortable is very important. Always try to avoid heavy luggage. Your bag should be as light as possible. Excess luggage can create only stress. You will enjoy your trip only when you have all the necessary items with lesser baggage weight.
Have a happy vacation!!!!
Image Courtesy: pinterest