Throwing up bile reflux disease is rare in healthy people, most likely in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease.
Bile is a blue-yellow fluid which comes from the liver and is often kept in the gallbladder. The role of bile is to digest fat and remove dead red blood cells as well as some toxins from the body.
Bile along with other digestive fluids normally flow into the small intestine under the regulation of fat. Due to some reasons, the separation part between the small intestine and the stomach called the pyloric valve is damaged, the closure then does not close, results in the reflux of the reflux up the stomach and then back to the esophagus.
The cause of throwing up bile reflux
Some causes of bile reflux can be:
- Complications after gastric bypass surgery: Most cases of dysentery is unstable complications of gastric surgery, including gastrectomy and gastric surgery to lose weight.
- Duodenal ulcer: An ulcer in the stomach can weaken the muscular pressure of the lower limb, leading to bile reflux. Long-standing stagnant food in the stomach can also increase pressure, weakening both the pituitary and pylori muscles, causing the bile to rise to the esophagus.
- Gallbladder Surgery: Doctors have documented an increase in gallbladder reflux in people who have had a cholecystectomy, such as acute cholecystitis, cholecystolithiasis, cholecystitis, cool. However, the cause has not been explained in detail.
Symptoms of throwing up bile reflux
Symptoms of bile reflux are challenging to distinguish from gastric acid reflux. Many of these diseases occur at the same time. But because acid reflux is more common, bile reflux disease is often overlooked or mistaken for acid reflux, resulting in improper treatment.
Some signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease such as:
- Frequent heartburn, accompanied by a feeling of bitterness: Ợ hot in the bile reflux and acid reflux are quite similar, it is also a burning sensation in the chest. However, bile reflux often causes the patient to feel pain in the upper abdomen, accompanied by the bitter taste in the mouth.
- Nausea or vomiting of yellowish-green liquid
- A cough or hoarse voice as bile secretions rise and “burn” the mucous membranes of the throat.
- Unwanted weight loss
- Unlike acid flux that can be decreased by switching lifestyles or diets, these two ways have no meaning in treating or preventing gallbladder disease. As the reflux mucus back up, it simultaneously causes damage to both the esophagus and the gastrointestinal mucosa, which can cause bleeding, ulcers, stomach cancer or inflammation
How is throwing up bile treatment
Lifestyle changes are necessary for throwing up bile reflux treatment
- Dietary modification: Dietary subdivision is encouraged to reduce esophageal sphincter pressure as well as pyloric valve pressure. When eating, it is necessary to wait about 2-3 hours before lying down to make sure the stomach is emptied. Many foods are found to exacerbate reflux acidosis and reflux bile by increasing acid production of gastric and lowering the lower esophagus muscles, helping acid and bile flow up into the esophageal esophagus. These foods are high-fat foods and spicy one, caffeine, vinegar, citrus, drinks which are rich in carbonate, tomatoes, and mints.
- Restrict the use of alcohol: Consuming alcohol regulates the esophagus and reduces the lower sphincter of the esophagus, causing acid reflux.
- Quitting smoking: Smoking will increase stomach acid production and dries out saliva, the esophagus is vulnerable to gallbladder and acid in the stomach.
- Relaxation: Patients under mental pressure will digest more slowly, which can aggravate the symptoms of reflux.
- Choose a tilt bed: Raise the bed head around 5 inches can reduce reflux problems. This can be effective cause of gravity will support preventing bile flowing back through the gastrointestinal tract.
- Weight loss: When using weight loss method, the volume of fat contained in the stomach and gut will be less so the phenomenon of reflux of bile and acid will be less.
Throwing up bile during pregnancy
Morning sickness is always the most common obsession among women during pregnancy. Moreover, many women fall into the state of vomiting to bile yellow gold, especially in the morning. In general psychology, this abnormality always makes women worry because it does not know how it affects the health of mother and fetus or not.
Why do pregnant women throw up bile?
Morning sickness is a state of nausea and vomiting that is common in pregnant mothers in the early months, with moderate morning sickness but with severe morning sickness. It can be seen that vomiting is very normal, but if you vomit a bitter honey secretion is due to excessive vomiting, vomiting removes everything and the bitter yellow fluid that is due in vomit contain cool.
And this phenomenon is quite normal for people who were vomiting, but because of pregnancy health is very important to mother to note when this vomiting is due to some diseases of the stomach, duodenum like an ulcer will also cause this unpleasant phenomenon.
How to overcome throwing up bile in pregnant women
To overcome this situation, you should try to adhere to and improve your diet to help your stomach work better, so it is possible to apply some of the following:
- Split the meal: This will help you reduce the amount of excess acid in the stomach in the least way because if eaten at the same time, the amount of acid will increase.
- Avoid Spicy and Caffeine: Spicy foods, fried foods, coffee are top food groups that cause stomach upset, causing vomiting.
- Exercise: Mother gourd should spend time doing light exercises, have a significant effect on the digestive system.
- Eating slowly: Eating fast will cause air to occupy an area in the stomach and cause reflux quickly.
- Do not eat and drink together: Many people eat and drink together, but this causes the stomach to become overwhelmed and stimulate more acid to cause nausea.
- Do not stay too long: Pregnancy will be very uncomfortable and heavy, sisters or often lying down, so this is the best condition for acid reflux back out. So try to walk, move to be more comfortable.