After the long winters, now it’s the time to get out of those long boots, sports shoes and sneakers. Step out with pretty strappy sandals, open-toed sandals or flip-flops. Look fresher and cool with a pretty dress, perfect makeup and well-groomed feet.
No need to spend more money and hours. It is not as complicated as you think. Here we have the best tips for you to be more comfortable and stylish this summer.
But the main problem for many women who love to wear sandals and high heels but can’t is because of dry and cracked heels.
Check out what may be stopping you
- Harsh or abrasive soaps
- More time in water
- Tight fitting shoes
- Walking bare foot on hard floors
- Excess hot shower
- Deficiency of vitamins
- Too much scrubbing
- Standing for a long time
Protect your beautiful feet – The best way to take care of your beautiful feet in three simple steps – SOAKS, SCRUB & MOISTURIZE
SOAK: The best way to soften your feet is to soak them in warm water. You can add some sea salt, few drops of shampoo or something acidic like lemon or orange juice. It will help to keep them smooth and supple. Keep it for ten minutes only.
SCRUB: Once your feet become soft use salt or sugar scrub with some olive or coconut oil. Scrub it in a gentle way. It will help you to avoid the build-up of dead hardened layers of skin cells. Or you can do it with the help of a pumice stone or an electronic foot scrubber.
MOISTURIZE: To avoid dryness after the scrubbing process, moisturize your skin with Shea butter, almond, sesame, coconut or jojoba oil. Apply the oil on your feet, massage and cover with socks. Leave it for the whole night. You can also try glycerin or petroleum jelly for smoother and softer feel.
Natural and Ayurvedic Treatments for Feet
Herbal Foot Bath: Aromas of herbs, flowers and baths salts provide a sense of calmness.
Treatment for Corns: Roast one garlic clove (dry or in a little ghee) until golden and apply this on the corn. Place a band-aid over it to avoid exposure. Do this daily until the corn falls off.
Prevent Foot Odor: To avoid smelly feet, mix 1 part corn starch, 3 parts clay, and 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil in a bucket. Make it into a paste by adding cold water. Apply this mixture on your feet and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Wash the paste off with lukewarm water and dry thoroughly. You can also apply talcum powder before wearing your socks, so that the sweat is absorbed and the feet do not spread a bad smell of sweat.
Special care for Athlete’s Foot: Wash your feet with neem soap and apply neem oil over the skin followed by the application of neem oil over the skin. Remember that your feet must be completely dry before performing this. Try to use of mixture of aloe vera gel and turmeric for 2-3weeks.
Foot mask: To deal with your dry and cracked feet, avoid various foot creams with harmful effects of chemicals. You can make your own foot mask to deal with your dry and cracked feet. For this you will need:
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- Small container to store the foot mask in
- 150g oatmeal
- 120g flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Process – Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir all the ingredients until they are thick. If mask is too thick add some more oil and mask is too runny add more oatmeal. Cover your feet in the foot mask and wrap in a towel. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply some moisturizer and put up your socks. Finally, enjoy your beautiful, soft, well moisturized feet.
Special Tips for Feet
Here are some handy tips with easily available items that can be used for a home pedicure in the summer. Save yourself some money gives your feet a pampering session at home,
- Lift your feet with one hand and use the palm of the other hand to gently stroke from the heel to the toes. Massage the sole of your feet by using circulatory motions with your thumb.
- Foot massage is a very important at the end of the day. Give your feet a little wash before this.
- To keep your feet hydrated, soft and supple, Wrap a warm and damp towel around the feet and keep it there for at least 2 minutes.
- To avoid bacterial or fungal infections, do not apply too much lotion or cream especially between the feet.
- For relieving the pressure, try a light exercise just by stretching to your toes by slowly slipping your fingers between the toes and pull them towards you.
- Always try to wear cotton socks.
- To avoid blister always wear shoes that fits you well and are comfortable too.
- To stop your feet from swelling, try to sit with your feet up few times a day.
Glam Up Your Toe Nails
- Remove the nail polish from your feet with the help of a cotton ball dipped in acetone
- If your nails have turned yellow, apply lavender oil on your feet. You can also rub lemon on your nail to give them a whitish look.
- Use finer file to smooth the edges of nails and use the coarser file to shorten the nails.
- Keep your nails trimmed, but cut them straight, not rounded.
- Apply a base coat nail polish on the nails in a 3 stroke to cover the entire nails. Let it dry.
- Pick a bold color. While bright pink or red is always a summer classic. Never limit yourself and always add a bit of vibrant color to your style.
- Then apply a nail polish on your nails. Wipe extra nail polish mistakenly applied on your cuticles with the help of an ear bud. Then let it dry.
If you don’t have much time to sit around and wait for nails to dry here are a few ways to dry your nails quicker
- Fill a bowl with cold water and then add a few ice cubes. After painting your nails, dip them in ice water and hold them there for three minutes.
- You can use your blow dryer on a low setting to quickly dry nails as well.