Travel is all about adventure, admiring nature, fun… an ultimate form of learning for many of us. People may have same reason to travel but the experience is always different. This vacation, travel with your grandparents. Travelling with parents, grandparents and other family members is always an enriching assortment of experiences. Multi-generational travel targets families to seek togetherness in distant places.
Wonder where to travel with your grandparents? Choose a multi-generational destination that offers plenty of diversions for everyone in the family. Here are some hand-picked assortments of places:
- MANALI: A stunning hill station in Himachal Pradesh, bordered by snow-peaks and river waters from Beas. Hadimba temple, Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass are some popular places in Manali.
- DHARAMSHALA: A picturesque hill station in Himachal Pradesh. Surrounded by dense forests, explore the land with its jaw-dropping beauty.
- PURI: Also called the LAND OF LORD JAGANNATH. Take your grandparents, parents and siblings through a roller coaster of enchantment and history. Its medieval by-lanes and JAGANNATH PURI temple is a great attraction for the tourists.
- VAISHNO-DEVI: This spiritual journey to Vaishno Devi temple situated in the Trikuta Mountains of Jammu and Kashmir. The place is considered as one of the most respected religious sites.
- BODH GAYA: Famous place where Buddha attained enlightenment. Buddhist temples in Bodh Gaya unfolds the history.
- KASHMIR, Paradise on Earth: A perfect destination for families that are looking to spend holidays with each other. Its mesmerizing beauty would not only charm you but also the view is breath-taking.
- SIKKIM: A landlocked Indian state located in Himalayas. Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful destinations in India. It promises all kinds of amenities to tourists along with its natural beauty. Definitely, you can’t miss on.
To ensure that Multi-generational vacation comprises happy memories, follow these secrets:
- Book different rooms: Multi-generational travel doesn’t mean that you have to stay together. Book different rooms in the same hotel or may be a completely different hotel within walking distance. This way you can participate in your family activities and whenever needed, can be in your own environment.
- Be a Sport: There can be a time when one of your family members can drive you crazy or maybe you will do something that irritates them. Realize that you are on a vacation and ignore these irritations. Be grateful that you can travel with your entire clan. Think of those families who are too fractured to travel together! Be appreciative.
- Know something new of your parents: Remember that you are being accompanied with the oldest generation of your family. This is the right time to engage your grandparents, your parents, with each other. Our old generation is like a story book, you never know what they teach you with their experiences.
Vacations, whether summer or winter, remind us of those days we used to spend at our ancestral houses. It was just once or twice in a year but the fun was like once in a lifetime. That love, that warmth, that awesome food, those fairy tales we all have shared this connection with our grandparents.
So don’t wait. Refresh those memories, pack the bags, and travel with your oldest generation!