Medical Tourism in India: Get Health, Save Wealth!
When I was working as a manager in a Middle East firm in Oman, I had a comprehensive health plan, or at least that is what I thought. Eventually, I realized that it became a hell-fire situation to pay the annual insurance premium, which was equivalent to six months’ rent for me. One fine day, out of nowhere, angina pain scared the hell out of me and I was diagnosed with blocked arteries. Rushing to the doctor was less an ordeal than to hear the cost of cardiovascular surgery in a respectable hospital in Oman. Before fainting, all I could hear was AED 7100 as the surgery cost (1AED=₹18.03). It was equal to the down payment of a decent apartment. After I regained my senses, I realized that any medical condition that cannot be controlled by a pill could make me bankrupt. That is when I decided to come to India to get my ailing heart treated. Choosing India was a deliberate decision, find out why.
• India has a quality healthcare system at affordable costs. India has a number of state-of-the-art health care institutions with the most advanced technologies, so the overseas patients can get premium quality health care and aid for their health miseries. This makes India a hub for medical tourists.
• Coming to India can save a lot. Developed nations like the US and big cities like Dubai have a high cost of living and extremely expensive health treatment plans for orthopaedic surgeries, cardiac surgeries and organ transplants. Also, a large number of African nations lack sound health care facilities. By coming to India, one can save over 50% on bills and expenses, without compromising the quality of health care and assistance. Lower cost of treatment and affordable recovery and rehabilitation alternatives make India, quite a preferred destination for medical tourism.
• You can get immediate attention for your health concerns. This is one of the main reasons why medical tourism is growing in India. Patients with chronic conditions have to wait longer in their home country, but in India, they can easily bypass the waiting list.
• India has world class doctors. The doctors and surgeons providing their services to the top most hospitals in India are the ones who have spent considerable amount of time researching and practising abroad, so they are in sync with the advanced procedures and latest technology.
• Hospitals offer customized approach to health care. Hospitals that offer medical tourism in India are equipped with customized plans for the overseas patients. This well thought out plan comprehensively covers a range of services such as obtaining medical visa, arranging appointments, preparing paperworks, facilitating transportation and lodging, and even sightseeing.
You can check and compare the costs of some of the major surgeries in India, US and UK.
US ($) approx.
UK ($) approx.
India ($) approx.
Bone Marrow Transplant
Facial Surgery and Skull base
Complex spine surgery with implants
Simple brain tumour surgery
Information Has Taken From The Website Travel India