Hey! Feeling very hungry yaar. Let’s go in canteen and have something. Place the order. Two burger, two French fries and what else? Hey! You are not ordering cold drink. Of course yaar snacks without cold drink…impossible! Go and have two chilling soft drinks.
Soft drinks have become part of our daily lives. There is no particular time for it. We are having it with lunch, with evening snacks, whenever we feel thirsty. And especially, how can you forget the best combo for midnight “Maggie with cold drink”. Some people are used to have more cold drinks than water each day or no water at all. It is very important to understand that too much of soft drinks can lead to serious health hazards.
There are some very shocking facts about effect of cold drink on health. Let’s have a look:
- There is a very strong link between childhood obesity and soda. Soda contains zero nutrients, and is high in calories and sugar. Kids who love cold drinks are likely to be obese in future days.
- Soda drinkers are less likely to get adequate vitamin A, calcium, and magnesium. Soda contains phosphoric acid that suppresses the appetite and makes kids less like to eat nourishing foods.
- Phosphorus, a dangerous ingredient in soda, can deplete calcium from bones. People who drink more soda are more prone to broken bones.
- Studies show a direct link between tooth decay and soda. Drinking fizzy drinks regularly can cause plaque on the teeth and lead to cavities and gum diseases.
- Aspartame in diet sodas is a potent brain toxin and endocrine disruptor.
- Citric acid and artificial flavors in soda, may contain traces of MSG. MSG is a potent brain toxin.
You will be surprised to know that all these dangerous substances are present in your favorite chilling yummy soft drink. Apart from quenching your thirst and reliving you in hot summers, they are giving you serious health problems in discount. , here are some harmful effects of soft drinks
- Your heart will cry more –Having one sugary beverage a day increases heart attack risk by 20%.
- You will get tag of Short term memory loss – BVO, a preservative and flame-retardant substance in citrus sodas can cause nerve disorders and memory loss.
- It links you to Asthma –Half liter of soft drink a day can lead to high risk of asthma and other breathing problems.
- You will become a Teddy Bear –People who drink two diet sodas a day, tend to have an increased waist line, weight gain and more fluffy.
- Too much sweetness not digestible –People who consume soft drinks daily are at higher risk of type II diabetes.
- Your Smile is very Special –Aerated drinks can cause both dental erosion and tooth decay.
So next time if you are offered a super-sized soda at the movie theater or at some party think twice. Stop soft drink addiction Replace your soft drink with simple plain water and quench your thirst.