It is an easy task to poison our body and many of us do this unconsciously. As a result, we get sick and spend frantically on the cure. We even waste money on drugs, cosmetics and surgeries till we are exhausted and end up finding no cure.
We are not going to find any cure on earth unless we search it inside us. The reason is that our very own die-hard habits are responsible for the poison we make in our own body and this poison makes us ill. Our habits are our silent killers. Have a look at some of them.
- We don’t like to move it: No yoga, no exercise, and very little physical activity. Does it sound like your own life? Then, you are in trouble. Lack of exercise and inadequate amount of physical activity guarantees oxygen deficiency in our body, leading to accumulation of toxic substances. Do you know that cancer thrives on cells that lack oxygenation?
Result = Body lacks natural detoxification and the toxics accumulated get transformed into carcinogens, causing Cancer.
- We take medicines daily, casually: It is important to understand that prescribed medicines poison our body. Toxic drugs increase the body toxicity rapidly.
Result = Toxicity again induces carcinogens to work against the body, and weakens the immune system.
- We don’t sleep adequately: Lack of sleep makes the body unable to rejuvenate, heal, detoxify and de-stress. Harmful chemicals produced in sleep deprivation cause neural plasticity.
Result = In case of inadequate or no sleep which are the factors that affecting our health, brain permanently gets changed affecting the immune system, in turn causing physical and mental stress. Lack of sleep is found to exacerbate gastrointestinal tract disorders, Alzheimer’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis. It also lowers self-esteem.
- We love to gobble acid foods: Junk foods are generally the acid foods which are highly carcinogenic in nature. They have the power to mutate our genes with the harmful chemicals i.e. acid reflux they secrete. Result = Increasing the probability of cancer and ageing is the result of beverages and acid foods that poison our body.
- We have an intimate relationship with modern technology: Excessive use of deadly mobile phones and computers is bad, really bad. These gadgets emit poisonous electromagnetic frequencies that are the main factors which affects our health mutations in our genes and hence our DNA. This has been quite extensively researched and evidences suggest that cell phones are causing a number of diseases like cancer.
Result = Overuse of cell phones and computers can lead to cancer, lack of sleep, skin ageing and malfunctioning of the brain. The crazier we go for technology, the higher the chances of ending up in a hospital.
- We pick soda, alcohol and coffee over water: Soda has aspartame which is poisonous for our body. Alcohol and coffee have high sugar content that is again carcinogenic, and mind you, cancer feeds on sugar.
Result: Cancer, liver problems and lowering of self-esteem are a few health conditions that are the result of poisons body makes from soda, alcohol and coffee. Dehydration (lack of water in body) is a harmful condition and causes body pain and system breakdown due to accumulation of toxic substances in the body.
- We cling to our emotional issues: We don’t let our past go, and hold onto negative beliefs and depressing thoughts because bad things happened to us. Certain neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine are secreted in excess during emotional conditions. These in excess act as body poisons.
Result: Neurotransmitters, if secreted in excess, result in tremors, agitation, lethargy, sweating, anxiety and stress.
We must understand that our life today is simply the creation of our own emotions, thoughts and habits. We need to reflect and realize what we are doing.
Let’s not become the pedigree of Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman) from Batman and Robin. She lived with the poison, we can’t. So, change those deep-dyed habits that poison you. Take your first step towards developing your own antidote today.