Ayurveda is an ancient medical science which was developed in India thousands of years ago. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit term. It comes out of two words Ayur meaning life and Veda which means Science. It is a completely natural system combining medicine and philosophy. Ayurveda can benefit you in all aspects of physical, mental and spiritual well being and growth.
We live in a world where we have to fight plenty of pollution and infections daily and it is very easy to fall sick. So, it is very important to take care of your health. Many people prefer allopathy even after knowing that the medication can have very harmful effects on their health. There are so many side effects of antibiotics. But there are no such worries when it comes to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda provides us with complete information about the root cause of a disease and best and easy ways to prevent it? Surprisingly research has shown that there are many medicines and remedies in Ayurveda to fight with all the modern maladies. Here are a few common ailments and the remedies Ayurveda has for them.
Menopause is the ending of a woman’s menstrual cycle. It can occur at an early age when you are 40 or later when you are 60. Most women generally reach menopause at around the same age as their mothers. The biggest challenge is to deal with mood swings and irritation due to hormonal imbalance.
Enjoy Every phase of life with Ayurveda – Medicinal concoctions like: Kushmanda pak, Dashmoolarishtha, Chyawanprash, Amrutprasha, Agastyaharitaki, Yashtimadhu, Gokshur, Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Guduchi, Chandraprabha, ashokarishta and Menosan. These have been formulated specifically to alleviate menopausal symptoms as well as provide overall hormonal balance. They help tackle this transitional phase with great ease, comfort and no side effects.
Bronchitis and Asthma
A common chest and lung problem amongst smokers or those living in polluted towns and cities today.
What Ayurveda Suggests? – Ginger, Tulsi, Dasamoola, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Jaggery, Sesame oil, mustard oil, Ashwaghanda and Triphala.
A toothache, bleeding gums and mouth ulcers are regular problems which everyone experience sometime in their life.
Smile with Ayurveda – For a toothache apply clove oil to the decaying tooth. Chew babu which prevents bleeding from gums too. For mouth ulcers boil coriander seeds, fenugreek leaves, crushed cardamom or any of them and gargle with the lukewarm water.
People have different types of skin like Dry, Oily, Sensitive, and Normal. There are so many skin problems like Dryness, Wrinkles, Acne and Allergies.
Ayurvedic solutions for glowing skin – Try Neem, Aloe Vera, Sandalwood, Cinnamon and Turmeric. These are the best options to prevent infections.
Mental problems are part of human lives more so in the modern world. There is so much stress, anger, anxiety, arguments, confusion, poor concentration and sadness in our lives.
Ayurveda as your Psychiatrist – You can try Baidyanath Balm Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Cinnamon, and Cardamom Seeds for A migraine. Brahmi, Jatamansi, and Ashwagandha for Anxiety. Jetamansi, Sarsaluti, Trikatu, Yogaraj Guggulu, and Shankpushpi for Forgetfulness. Ashwagandha ghee and Brahmi ghee for Phobia. Ashwagandha, Jatamansi, Brahmi, Jaggery, and Cardamom for Insomnia. Arjuna, Saraswati, and Triphala for Sadness, Brahmi, and Jatamansi for Fatigue.
Stomach disorders are very common. Most of the problems are not serious but need to be treated seriously whether it is a minor pain or diarrhea. Cure it with Ayurveda – You can use :
- Shatavri, Guduchi and Kamadudha grated ginger for Abdominal Pain.
- Triphala with warm water for Indigestion.
- Triphala, Psyllium Husks, Senna or Flaxseed, Haritaki and Isabgole for Constipation.
- Triphala, Ghee, Powdered Ginger, Fennel Powder, Roasted Cumin for Diarrhea.
- Shatavri, Guduchi, Aloe Vera Gel, Cabbage Leaves, Pineapple Slices for Ulcer.
- Amla, Lavanga, Black pepper for Acidity.
- Shilajit, Punarnava and Triphal for Bladder Infections.
- Lemon-Grass Tea, Gokshura, Ashwaghanda, Saw Palmetto Capsules for Prostate Problems.
Arthritis can affect people of all ages, though it is most common with age. From an Ayurvedic point of view, arthritis is both a physical and an emotional condition.
Ayurveda and a Tougher You – You can try Ground ginger, Triphala, Yogaraj Guggulu, Ashwagandha, Bala, Trikatu, Garlic, Kapha, Sallai Guggul, Guggulu and Lahsun.
The liver is the largest single organ in the body and one of the most important parts too.
Healthy Ayurvedic Treatment –
- Bhumiamla, Ghritkumari (Aloe vera), Kakmachi for Liver Disorders
- Jaundice Berry, Bhumiamla for Jaundice and Hepatitis
- Amla and Punarnava for Anemia
- Gokshura, Punarnavadi, Chicory, Dandelion, Olive and Sunflower Oil for Gall Bladder Stones.
Cancer is characterized by out-of-control cell growth. There are more than 100 types of cancer including breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and lymphoma. Cancer treatment today includes chemotherapy, radiation or surgery and can be a struggle with side effects.
Get Healthy and Prolonged life with Ayurveda –
- Mandukaparni, Kastoori Bhairav Rasa for Brain cancer
- Pippali, Hirak Rasayan for Lung Cancer
- Shatavari, Amlaki, Banga Bhasma, Aloe-Vera, Amaltas, Bhoy-Amli, Sarphunkha for Stomach Cancer
- Bhumvamalaki, Arogyavardhini for Liver Cancer
- Anantmula, Suvarna Vasant Malti Rasa for Blood Cancer
- Aabha Gugglu, Madhu Malini Vasant Rasa for Bone Cancer
- Gojivha, Chinchabhallataka for Breast Cancer
- Manjishtha, Samira Panaga Rasa, Kaishore Gugglu, Gandhak Rasayan for Skin Cancer.
Diabetes is a disorder of sugar metabolism. A group of metabolic disease in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because insulin production is inadequate, or because the body’s cells do not respond properly to insulin, or both.
Benefits of Ayurveda for a Sweeter Life – Bitter gourd, Amla, Neem, Curry Leaves, Bitter Gourd, Turmeric, Guggul, Arjuna, Aloe Vera Gel, Ginger, Gurmar Leaves and Nayantatra.
Ayurveda can cure and relieve without nasty repercussions and side effects. Ayurveda heals holistically , mind ,body and soul. A happy mind lets you stay calm; make better decisions and improve the overall quality of life.